In most cases, using a Maxtek Whiteboard doesn’t need to clean often. But if you have heavily used it for several years, or have used permanent markers to write on it, to maximally optimize your whiteboard writing experience, regular cleaning is a significant way to maintain a smooth whiteboard surface.
Table of Contents:
To clear stains on the surface of a whiteboard, you can try the following materials and tools:
1.Isopropyl rubbing alcohol:
Isopropyl rubbing alcohol is usually suitable for cleaning whiteboard surfaces as it effectively removes stains and residues. When using alcohol, make sure to dilute it in a sufficient amount of water and gently wipe the surface with a soft cloth or sponge, the alcohol helps dissolve the stain, making it easier to wipe away.
Be sure to test a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure that the alcohol doesn't damage the surface.
2. Dry Erase Marker:
One effective technique to remove marker stains is to use a dry erase marker over the stained area. Simply color over the stain with a dry erase marker and then erase it with a dry cloth or eraser. The solvents in the marker can help dissolve and remove the stain.
3. Water mixed with several drops of mild dish soap:
Water mixed with a few drops of dish soap is a common method for cleaning whiteboards. This mixture is generally safe for most whiteboard surfaces and effectively removes dirt and marks. If the stain is not too stubborn, dampen a cloth or sponge with soapy water and gently scrub the stained area. Rinse the cloth or sponge with clean water and wipe away any soap residue. Drying the surface thoroughly with a dry cloth. Be sure to use transparent dish soap rather than colored one.
4. Whiteboard cleaner:
Whiteboard cleaners are specifically designed for cleaning whiteboard surfaces and can safely and effectively remove marks and stains. It is one of the most common cleaning solutions. Follow the instructions on the cleaner and apply it to the stained area. Use a cloth or sponge to gently scrub the stain, and then wipe it clean with a dry cloth or eraser.
(Check this blog to see what materials you should avoid using: Materials should avoid using to clean a whiteboard.)
Here are some common steps you can follow to clean a dry erase board:
1. Never forget to clean your dry eraser. An uncleaned dry board eraser could be the origin of all the problems, always make sure your eraser works well.
2. Gather the necessary materials: You will need a soft cloth or sponge, water, and choose a material we listed above.
3. Start by removing dry erase marker ink from the board by using an eraser or dry cloth. Wipe in a gentle, circular motion to avoid smudging the ink.
4. Dampen the cloth or sponge with water or cleaning solutions we listed above. It should be slightly moist, not dripping wet.
5. Gently wipe the board's surface in horizontal or vertical strokes, starting from the top and working your way down. Avoid using excessive pressure to prevent scratching the surface.
6 Once you have cleaned the entire surface, rinse the cloth or sponge with clean water and wipe the board again to remove any residue from the cleaning solution.
7. Use a dry cloth or paper towel to dry the board thoroughly. Make sure there is no moisture left on the surface.
8. After conducting these cleaning steps, always remember that you must wait until the board is completely dry before using the whiteboard again.
Remember to always test any cleaning method on a small, inconspicuous area of the whiteboard first to ensure it doesn't damage or discolor the surface. Additionally, avoid using abrasive materials or cleaners that could scratch the board.
By following these steps, you should be able to effectively clean your dry erase board and keep it in good condition for future use.